My Aunt used to make these when I was little, and even though its been modified to be keto friendly, I can still feel the same taste and the memories. – Aida
- 1-1/2 Cup Blanched Almond Flour (I used Blue Diamond)
- 1 Large Egg
- 3 TBS Monkfruit Sugar (I used Lankano)
- 2 TBS Unsweetened Almond Milk (I used Silk Vanilla Almond Milk)
- 1 TSP Baking Powder
- 1/8 TSP Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a bowl.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients in the egg mixture until smooth dough forms.
- Prepare cupcake sized forms or individual pie forms.
- Divide the dough into the number of forms (I made 4). Wet fingers, and press dough into shape of the form.
- Bake until crust is lightly golden (~17 min).
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 10 min before adding filling.
- The filling I used was the Plum preserve I made earlier (with monkfruit sugar, it is tastefully tart) – Recipe here!
- I had made another preserve, from Apricot when they were really cheap during their season. I’ll upload that recipe and link to this page later.
- On top of the filling I made a Meringue (again with monfruit sugar, this was a little sweeter so I would cut back on the sugar next time but it went really well with the tartness of the Plum Preserve) – Recipe here!
- Preheat oven to 250F (120C).
- Fill each cup to the top with Preserve (~1 TBS each).
- Put desired amount of Meringue on top.
- Bake for 10 min.
- Cool and Enjoy!