When they say monk-fruit is 200-300 times sweeter than cane sugar, they are not kidding! This recipe is very simple, with only 2 ingredients!
- 2.9 lbs tart Empress Prune Plums (after pits are removed)
- 3/4 Cup Lakanto Monkfruit+Erythritol sweetener
- Put all pitless prunes into container.
- Sprinkle the sweetener on top.
- Leave alone for 2-3 hours until the prunes give out their juice.
- Cook on medium heat until its boiling, stirring frequently.
- Set heat to low for 1 hour, frequently stirring so its coated in sugar and juices evenly.
- Turn off heat and let stand 2-3 hours so its cooled down.
- Repeat until consistency of preserves is mushy (should take about 2 cycles, unless more gooey is desired).
- Pour in container for storage.
- ENJOY! (on pancakes, toast, on top of yogurt, ect)
One thought on “Homemade Tart Empress Prune Plum Preserves sweetened only with monk-fruit sweetener”